Friday, March 4, 2011

Into March and on with life

It's my Friday off and I didn't end up going to Springfield with pal Darrell for his shoulder surgery so that means I had early coffee with Larry and then we did his blood work thing up in Rushville. I then ran some errands and now am home with my feet up and Kid's enjoying Mom home.
Ben's stuff is gathered up and ready to go somewhere besides my bathroom and living room, Jake's stuff needs to be put in the storage area still but I need to do some making room work before it can move.
The state tax return came and my Kindle and a skin for it has been ordered, I want a cover but will wait a bit for that, can come up with something here for a while until it's on the budget. I did also price checking on car insurance and can't change that at this time, maybe in a year I will be a better insurance risk.
The house is staying clean while I am gone, or the mess doesn't get worse and that is a nice change, I have no idea where Ben is but he's an adult, I just would like the jeep keys to turn up so I can get Andy's blankets out of my way.
Jake's buying the jeep from his dad and for now it's living in my yard, I am so not happy about the whole situation but know Jake's doing what he feels is best and I can live with the jeep here IF I have keys so I can move it out of my way now and then to mow and so forth.
Foot is doing very well, that should scare me but I think I will just appreciate how much less pain I am having and how much better I am walking.
I have bid for a frock room job and hope to get the opening, it will pay less per hour but think long term it will be so much better for me and I will have Sundays free again so that means I can attend church some and also doll club meetings IF I do get the job.
Money is so very tight here, I can't afford to keep supporting/housing/feeding Ben. It's time he was self supporting and time for me to get with putting my financial house into better order and also my house cleaner, my life in better shape.
This Larry thing is good for both of us, we aren't looking too far down the road but we are comfortable with each other. I know that I can't move away from my little house and what I am working on here, not even a few blocks away and that's his home, his place, his space and he needs it that way. So, we get to know the streets between here and there, we fit our time together when we can and we don't worry about who talks or what others think. He's widowed, I am divorced, our kids are all adults so it's our choices and lives, not theirs to live.
I did pass all my truck license tests in plant so now can get more comfortable and experience with both the scissor lift and the stand up trucks. So, that's a weekend work project, have the license so now am not violating company rules to use/practice with them.
And the birds are making noise and need their cage cleaned so I will get that done..and find something to do, sure would like to be getting Jake's things out of my sewing space...maybe next days off, I can start the make space job before work and have it done by Thursday..if weather co-operates and I get with it. It would be nice to get my sewing space back once again.
And I have a box I want down in the storage area and out of my way here too.

No comments:

Post a Comment