Thursday, March 24, 2011

Offended, but blast it, can't change people...

I got offended by something Larry's daughter said when she called him this am. We get it from everyone, or rather from far too many people who need more to do than think about what Larry and I do when we are together or who assume all we do is have sex. I'm not a slut, I am not an easy lay, or desperate...and it offends me.
Larry is far more than a sex toy, he's warm, kind, funny, he's far more than just someone to have sex with and I know I am more than that to him.
Yes, we are adults and do have sex, and we enjoy it. But that's just a small part of what we have and what we do...
I can't change people, I won't let them make waves in my emotional pond for long, but I came home feeling hurt and wounded and wanting to just curl up somewhere and cry.
It won't fix a thing, it's not Larry's fault and it's not mine, it's just people being stupid. It won't hurt us unless we let it and Larry is NOT, so now it's me and my getting my head around this stupidity...
That man and I have something, it works for us,and we won't let the world, friends, neighbors, kids make much waves for us.. It is our lives and our business.
So, it's my days off and cold again so I won't get as much done outside as I had hoped but I will get some things done here, including clean sheets on my bed..
Being upset over Becky's comment, or those of other people is something I will get over, and we are rather open about our closeness, we like that holding hands stuff, me sitting in the middle of the bench seat in the pickup trucks, and we we won't stop just to suit the world..

No comments:

Post a Comment