Friday, January 1, 2016

Starting the New Year right is

      I slept in, until after 6 am, which here is sleeping in, my alarm goes off now at 4:15 am.  And the bed has clean sheets, the load of laundry is in the dryer and my peg board has been cleared off so it can be removed.  The north baseboard heater gets removed, that under windows area gets drywalled, maybe a bit of primer, and the heater goes back on so I can turn the power back on to those heaters.  They are connected and on the same breaker so the job means only small plug in heaters in the attic until the north one is back on the wall, wires connected and breaker turned back on.
     We work a full 8 hours tomorrow, overtime, and I am very glad to have it, as that old truck will be costing me several thousand dollars to repair.  But still, a better choice for me and my long term financial needs, goals and dreams.  And I will be nice to Jake's jeep while I have the loan of it.  And not go any place unless I have to...I really do not like that jeep or driving that jeep.
     The attic retreat, the south end, is a real mess, but not everything from the north end is moved in there, so the whole attic area is a jumbled disaster.  No, probably not quite that bad but I will be glad to make some visible progress today.  I know the area has to be done in sections, this house is just too small to move every thing out, do all the walls and ceilings and then get everything moved back in and out where it belongs.  I will not rent storage for the job, and I do not yet own that hobby/wood/bike building I hope to have built and moved here this winter.  And I would not want to pack some things down the stairs, out to the building and then back up again so even IF I did have the little shop building, not everything would be moving out so I would still have a disaster area to live with.
     We are seeing some of those changes at the plant, some job changes, some money/costs tightening that I had been expecting.  The new owners will change some things to how it is done in their other plants, some or most might work well here, and I am not management so it is not my headache.  I do own my job boxing stomaches, have made it clear to my immediate supervisor that having 'the boss' back has that woman giving me orders, telling me what all I do or did wrong and I did tell the real boss that I am the box girl and I see no reason for that to change or for overtime to be paid to the other woman again so she can waste company time.
     But I want a new doll, right now I want the new American Girl of the Year to  play with.  And I own several dolls that size so do not need another one and there are far more important things along with credit debt to pay down and a huge shop bill coming for the work my truck has to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment