Saturday, September 13, 2014

Old house progress

I spent my vacation week trying to make some progress on this old house, getting the last old windows out, the damaged kitchen door out and repairs done so all are ready for replacements.  I opened up the wall between the kitchen and living room with shelving from the back of the bench height to about a foot below the ceiling.  They still need trimmed out and another cost of paint but I like what they have done for both spaces.
I put peg board in between the studs on the wall between the kitchen and laundry area, the first has the keys and charger cords, all handy and off the pot rack.  The other 2 spaces will be used to hang the coffee cup collection.  I doubt if they will all fit but I will get some of them out of a box and enjoy seeing them here.
It is becoming my home, my house, done to suit my wants and needs, the open shelves between the kitchen eating area and the living room.  The new kitchen windows and in time, the new cabinets and counters.
And I will find time to clean the grasses out of the flower beds again, it needs done several times a year and I am behind on that again.
I am tired of sharing the house with my much loved son but know he and I will manage a little longer.  It is livable most of the time but I look forward to my home to myself and going back to sleeping in my downstairs bedroom, and having my living room back

No comments:

Post a Comment