Sunday, June 8, 2014

Sewing day but would have rather

I had a lot of small sewing stuff that really needed done or at least started so I worked all day in the sewing studio and would have loved to be out on the Rebel, but that does not get my sewing projects done or even started.
I now have stuff cut out to sew for my Clayville outfit and will stat working on them this week.  I also made a needle book for my small sewing kit, made the fabric case for that and made the bobbin lace bobbin holder/roll that just needs the tie string or ribbon added.  And I have 2 pair of bobbins wound with thread to start practicing with.  I have the lace board that came with the low budget kit covered and has both sides done so will be very usable, I hope and the fabric clothes made that you cover the form/pillow with. 
Last night I was up way too late watching YouTube videos on bobbin lace, so am ready to start making my first practice pricking.  But not tonight.
The scooter needs a clean air filter and that is ordered.  Jake and I spent time in Springfield Saturday and I spent too much money but I will make the budget work, have 2 pair of smaller jeans, $24+tax, some sewing stuff I could have waited on, a new mower on my Lowes card, but I did think and spend carefully.  I know the summer will be very snug financially but I will manage. 
Life here is ok, place is mowed, the rain will help everything, including the weeds grow, the sewing studio is a bit more tidy and I feel good about the progress I made on my sewing project list.
Now it is time to shut down and get to sleep as we have an early start in the morning and a long work day to get through.

No comments:

Post a Comment