Friday, October 26, 2012

whining about the cold and see the funny side

So, yesterday was over 70 and I ran my scooter around town before work, today it was below 40 when I got up and I am whining and wrapped in a lovely, hand knit, from hand dyed yarns shawl and know my life is pretty good.
The bills are paid, extra paid on those I pay this week, 1 account once again paid off, still funds in the bank, gas in the truck and a job to keep earning the funds that support this life.
I did give Ben the Apple nano6 that was sent in exchange for my nano1, it has software issues, I reload the software and for a while it will play through and then it is back to repeating the same song, I change songs manually but that really stinks at work, very inconvenient.
I know I still have my iPod Classic that has 80g drive and lots of room for more music than I have in it but I want the new Nano, but there are no cases yet for it, skins, yes, at DecalGirl, even the library shelves skin that matches what I have on my Kindle and on my iPad, which is still not yet paid for.
So, no reason to whine, I can turn the heat above 71, the attic has sun streaming in the south window and is very cosy, the skies are blue and the temp is coming up, but I want to whine about the cold and about wanting a silly little techie device I do not need.
So, maybe I will pay a bit more on my Lowes account or my account that has the Apple devices, or maybe I will just be smart about money and remember that I have plans to go to a Mall next Sunday with the Cargill bus trip and that I wan to do soffit work the next weekend and the bill for the materials for that are over $260 which currently means pulling from slush funds to help pay for the materials.
I have plenty of great yarns for knitting, food in the house and I can afford to buy more, the phone and internet bill is paid for this month, the truck and scooter both have full gas tanks.
And I know even with the overtime slowing down or ending in mid-December, I can still pay the heat bills, the water bills, keep food in the house, gas in the truck and like the life I have, but I am going to whine a bit today about the drop in temps and know we here have been very fortunate with our weather and know I have a really good life.
Small issues, and a really manageable life with far more good 'stuff' in it than bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment