Monday, December 13, 2010

Winter is here

And we have gotten real cold, at least for this area. I lived through much colder out west, but I was younger then and didn't have a metal plate and 5 screws in 1 leg. I am not whining but life here is not all cake and ice cream. I try to not moan or whine where many people can read it or where my venting can get waves going that I don't want to deal with.
Some of my co-workers suck when it comes to doing their work duties, I do not expect it to get a lot better with the new dept head and I doubt if having our very own warehouse supervisor on 2nd shift will make huge changes, nor will security cameras in the warehouse but the gate might be kept shut like it should be more often.
And looking back, I have to wonder just how stupid and desperate that guy from the past thought I was??? Ok, so I had some fun out west, at a time I really wanted an escape from being here, from dealing with the accident and I wanted something to believe in, someone who gave me a bit of 'happy ever after' even when I could see that he could not bring it about.
So, a year later, I walk with a real obvious limp some days, and hurt a lot, and live with that hurt. and I just don't want some man feeding me any lines/lies/crap again. I don't want to hear much about their problems, I won't fix things for anyone, and I don't want to share my house, my bed or my paycheck with anyone except the dog and birds, and the birds do not get to share that bed.
I also think Suzi has her doll outfits way overpriced and that green sweater she has up for sale has a serious cable screw up on it, it's not acceptable workmanship for the price she is asking. I know she is very talented and creative, but she's not designing much original stuff, purchased patterns for both the sewing and knitting and not a huge amount of tweaking with them...
but I am also not creating much, for sale or for myself...
Taking some time off knitting or slowing down some on it, wrists and lower arms are getting painful at times, and I know I have pushed hard with my sweater. It will get done, I will be wearing it soon but it's not a life and death thing..the world does not end if I don't get it done Now..but I would like to be wearing it to work Saturday or Sunday..and impress that guy in the boiler room I flirt with.
We have been involved before, and we might again do some of that adult stuff, and for now, we are comfortable with things as they are..it's too cold to play or run back and forth between where he lives and where I live and our different work schedules...
and I need to head for bed, get that spoilt dog out for a last potty break and then tuck in the warm and clean bed that is waiting for us...

No comments:

Post a Comment