Friday, October 22, 2010

Back to work, back to dealing with my co-workers

I was raised with really good work ethics, and I like them. I like doing a good job, co-operating with management and trying to get along. That's not the norm where I am working, and I get stressed but I know I can't change those people and I won't let them change me. I like being the person I am and if that is a problem for them, it's their problem, not mine.
I get stressed a bit faster now but the stresses are different. I don't feel responsible for their poor work, or that I need to 'fix' what they have done wrong and I no longer am bothered by the union steward's attitude or by the head games they play.
I am back at work, in time I will have the settlement of this auto accident behind me, and those medical bills behind me. I will keep working on my old house and I will keep on paying down my credit debt, cleaning up and doing stuff with my tiny lot here.
I am not going to get upset about the weight I have gained, it's not much but those 10+ year old Rockies don't fit and I have left them off at the local charity, and I have a few other things I will drop off. I will buy new and larger jeans, I don't need to wear my pants like paper on the wall and I don't have to dress to suit anyone except myself now.
I did go to the western wear store in Springfield today and tried on a pair of jeans but didn't buy them. I knew I could find the same or similar for a lower price on line. I haven't shopped for anything other than work clothes and yarns, dolls for years.
I am glad I was able to work overtime yesterday and I will willingly work overtime every chance I get, and I don't really give a shit if some of the rest of supply crew get in a snit, whine or otherwise get ugly.
My life isn't perfect but I am working very hard to put it back together after the car accident ripped it to pieces. It's been a long and hard 8-9 months and I will not let those nasty attitudes at work damage what I have worked so hard to rebuild.
I didn't check my lottery tickets, until I check them I can still dream acres out of town and a monolithic dome house and all that other stuff.
Well, it's time to shut this down and knit on my current sweater or Jake's socks, relax as I know I will have a busy Saturday and maybe even 12 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment