Sunday, September 19, 2021

Me and homo sapients

      Yes, I know I am a member of the species. But that doesn’t mean I enjoy being around very many of them.  And I am finding that the fewer I have to be around or deal with the more I like my life and the balance I have.

     Today was the first doll club meeting I have attended in a few months, UFDC convention 2022 was part of our discussions today, it’s being held less than 125 miles from me, in St. Louis and yes, I do go play down in the city, like to visit the city, have a favorite Airbnb I now stay at, same room, same streets, same restaurants and shops, so if I go to the convention I will Not stay at the hotel where it’s held but at my room in the Airbnb. I don’t want that almost $200/night hotel room, and I sure don’t want roommates. Especially not 3 other humans. Yes, it’s almost a year away but no, I will not change how I feel about that, the older I get, the less I want to deal with or be around a lot of people.

     Small groups are ok and the crowds at the Farmer’s market are a different thing, they are not a hotel full of mostly women, some who are very wealthy. Almost all who are living vastly different lives than my strange, single meat packing plant labor life.  

     Yes, I am doing the scooter rally this coming weekend but sticking with the 49cc gang for the Saturday ride, yes, I am an experienced rider, and yes, I will be on my own scooter with correct tire pressure for my weight, and yes, I have lost some confidence but mostly I want easy and relaxed and slower pace.

     Work beats me up, and I know I am doing a lot before the rally here, hot sun landscaping work for more scooter parking space, the plants that needed moved are moved, now to move sand/soil, level and set the pavers in place and rebuild the retaining wall, it will slope this time and I will scatter grass seed and rake it’ll and water now and then.  Hopefully I will have less mowing issues between shop and house, between upper patio and where the car parks.  

     And yes, I am buying another Vespa, yes, new and NO, I am not trading in any of the other rides. And yes, I will be financing that and will work on buying covers for scooters this fall, with all the overtime I may as well indulge in scooter goodies…

       This is not the life I expected when I was much younger, or when I bought this house, moved to this town and to work at that pork plant. But it is the life I have built for myself and built by myself. And I am very ok with this life and with what I am doing with this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment