Friday, April 10, 2020

Things I want and don’t really need

   That seems to sum it up, I want to eat my pizza at Pizza Hut, not being it home to eat.  But I don’t need to eat in the restaurant, but now that we cannot, I realize just how much that eating in that place, with that staff and who I was with was the really good part.  Not complaining about the quality of the food, but it’s the other stuff that I am really missing.
     I don’t know if we will ever get that old normal back after this pandemic ends, it will leave it’s mark on all of us, will make changes we don’t even see coming now.  It’s worse than many realize or want to accept and it will continue to get worse for the next week or next month or maybe even the next year.
    And I want the old normal back, and I want an e-reader.  No, I do not need 1, no, there’s no book right now that I am desperate to read and need the e-reader for that.  But I gave my Kindle away several years ago, and it was the right choice and to the right people. I do not want to give up my iBooks to have a kindle reader on my Apple products and I do not plan to use my darn smartphone for an e-reader.  I want a bloody damn new e-reader and I am Not going to use credit to buy it and have it NOW.  
     But that stimulus $$ will soon show up in my bank and I can buy it then and put the rest of the stimulus on high interest credit debt.  And I am going to buy more books in digital format and miss the real, with paper pages edition.  But it’s storage and space and looking at what I want and where I do not want to be once I retire.  And I already have a lot of books that I would end up packing in boxes, heavy boxes to move once again.  More books than the latest move, a lot more heavy books to move.  That’s why I want the e-reader and now.  So that I can work on adjusting my old brain to adapting to digital books, and be a bit more practical about the future and what really needs to matter.
    But right now, I just need to survive this pandemic and stay sane.

No comments:

Post a Comment